- Forget the iSlate. It’ll be called the “MacBook Touch” or thereabouts.
- It’ll have a multi-touch screen (like the iPhone), but also will let you use an optional bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse. An officially sanctioned Apple case will include a kickstand for using on a table top.
- There will be both a regular LED and an OLED option. The OLED version will be significantly more $$, but in addition to that you’ll get more flash memory. For example, $499 for LED/32GB, $699 for OLED/64GB.
- Front-facing iSight camera. NO rear-facing camera.
- Microphone (duh).
- Integrated battery (i.e., non-removable) with at least 4 hours of active life (slightly longer with the OLED version).
- This thing will be THIN, slightly thinner than the iPhone 3Gs.
- The OLED version will be HD quality.
Okay, this is all guesswork, and certainly not breaking any new ground. But I’m just going against the rails on some of the predictions I’ve seen out there (removable battery, “Minority Report” style full motion interface). I *definitely* think OLED will play some role in this device, but that technology is still much more expensive than the traditional LED that we’re all more familiar with. Given Apple’s history, they tend to lump in other goodies with their more expensive upgrades as a way of making it seem like more of a value.